The Heavy Stainless Steel Shaft (~8.5 oz) is made of steel, making it very strong and resistant to bending. Its weight gives the wand stability on moves like perches, and makes it less affected by winds and fuel weight. It is generally preferred by short string wand spinners
The Light 7075 Aluminum Shaft (~4.5 oz) is twice as hard to bend as most other types of aluminum available. Its light weight makes it extremely responsive to sharp changes in direction.
The Carbon Fiber Shaft (~4.5 oz) is the strongest and lightest option made. Like the aluminum shaft, its light weight makes it extremely responsive but also harder to spin in windy conditions. It is generally preferred by long string wand spinners.Wicks
Minimized Exposed Metal
Most severe equipment burns come from searing-hot exposed metal, not from the wicks. To minimize exposed metal, these wand wicks are attached with recessed rivets (less exposed metal than screws and no need for retightening). And, the wand’s body is covered with a colored silicone wrap that diffuses heat and allows you to safely touch the wand within an inch of the burning wicks without being burned. This silicone wrap also provides a grippy surface that allows you to do contact staff movements like fishtails with your wand.
The Silicone Tape is easy to nick or cut, so try to store and travel with the wand protected from sharp edges. It is normal to have to replace the silicone tape about once a year as part of standard maintenance.
Shadow Cord is a soft and durable Leviwand leash, made from a material used extensively by NASA. This fine cord has a tensile strength of 200lbs, with the flame resistance of Kevlar and three times its abrasion resistance. This ensures that the wand’s flames won’t easily burn through the leash, and that it won’t get worn down sliding through the wand’s center hole.
This wand comes with a short-string leash attached. If you are a long-string wander, you can add an extra 20ft of Shadow Cord to your order to make your wand leash length perfect for your style.
If you wish to restring your Leviwands, we recommend using a Double Fisherman's Knot. Click here for an animated guide on this knot.Handle
1) A loop made out of Shadow Cord. You can feed the loop between two fingers and then fold the loop down around the two fingers to tighten it in place, or wrap it around your arm or wrist.
2) A leather fingerloop. This cinches around a finger, and people generally find it more comfortable than a Shadow Cord loop.
3) A PomGrip. This is a small silicone knob that fits comfortably in the hand. Some creative wand spinners have begun playing around with Leviwand tosses (much like one would do poi tosses with ball handles), and PomGrips allow for that.
4) UltraKnobs made by UltraPoi, are rechargeable RGB LED silicone handles. This knob can be set to any of the colors of the rainbow, as well as strobe patterns that create intricate light trails while you spin.
* Burn times are estimated based on recorded burns using pure "white gas" / Coleman's Liquid Camp Fuel. Actual burn times may vary based on individual spinning style, length of fuel soak, and other factors.